2016 SULLIVAN SUPPLY FITTING CONTEST
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9TH - 3:00 PM
Contest Sign-up will take place during the cattle check-in
from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Friday, December 12th
Prizes Sponsored by Sullivan Supply & Stock Show University
Fitting Contest Rules
1) A team age divisions:
a) Junior (13 and Under as of January 1)
b) Senior (14 and over as of January 1)
A team shall consist of three persons, of any sex.
There must be at least one junior participant on a team.
2) A team member must wear a show harness with an exhibitor number issued by show officials.
3) Contestants must bring any and all materials needed to the fitting area
4) Contestants may not use inappropriate fitting methods.
Unethical fitting situations include, but are not limited to:
a) Any altering of the natural color of the animal by the use of dyes, paints, hair coloring conditions,
colored show foam, graphite, colored powders or other substances;
b) The addition of any hair or hair like substances (including twine), false tailheads,
and false polls (false tail switches are allowed)
5) Time limit: 30 minutes
6) Clippers may be used at the discretion of team members.
7) After fitting time, each entry will be held in line by one of the fitters to be viewed by the judges.
8) Judges will base placing on both fitting techniques and final results.
9) In the event of sub final or final heat:
a) Teams will be allowed 5 minutes back in the chute
10) Criteria for Supervising adult:
a) Adult may not help, touch animal, or assist participants except in the case of preventing injury.
b) Adult may not tell participants what to do, but may give encouraging advice.